Last Updated on
Am I addicted to food?
Find out if you’re addicted to food, how food addiction happens, and tips to overcome food addiction from a former food addict.
- A lot of people think they may be addicted to food but aren’t sure.
- Some people don’t know that they’re truly addicted to food.
- Others don’t know how their food addiction started.
- Some people think that eating food is bad. (It’s not)
So I did a Facebook like all about food addiction and tried to cover every single facet of this topic. This was the advice that I wish had when I was struggling with food addiction.
During this talk, I share insight to:
- Make you aware of where you rank on the food addiction scale.
- Help you understand why food addicts struggle to stop.
- Share the 4 musts to do to stop food addiction.
Once you know where you’re at, and what you’re dealing with, you can recover.
Real Talk About Food Addiction
This video is not meant to diagnose, treat, or replace medical advice.
The food mood connection/addiction starts EARLY. It’s often times reinforced by rewarding good behavior with food.
Report cards, winning a game, being a ‘good girl’ or ‘good boy’. This is how belief systems start.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976*
Food marketers know how to get you hooked! They seduce you 24/7. They profit on your addiction.
A lot of people in food addiction think they need someone else to save them… when the reality is you have to save yourself.
Food addiction can be happening in your home and you don’t even know it. You may be bringing trigger foods into your home, not realizing you’re triggering your partner. A monkey can’t sell bananas. A food addict cannot have trigger foods around. It makes the struggle a lot harder.
- If you need help losing weight gained from a food addiction, check out this post.
- If you want tips to stop binge eating, check out this post’s video.
- If you’re serious about losing weight and overcoming addiction, my programs can help you!
- Want to work with me one on one? Contact me for more info.
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader
Pin this post so you’ll have it forever.
Christina Carlyle is a certified Holistic Nutritionist, Sports Nutrition Specialist, Personal Trainer, Health Coach, & Behavior Modification Specialist. After overcoming her own health issues, getting off 7 medications, & losing 40 pounds (& keeping it off for 10+ years) she’s dedicated to helping others get Happy, Healthy, & Fit for life, with science-backed strategies. Christina shares real deal (no BS) weight loss and wellness advice, workouts, and recipes that get results and work in the real world.