Burn more calories in less time with this quick calorie burning leg workout routine.
Wondering how you can burn more calories in less time? Easy! Do exercises that engage large muscle groups together at the same time. That’s exactly what the exercises in this workout do.
They engage the major muscles in the legs, so you can burn more fat with fewer moves.
This workout has only 4 exercises but you’ll feel it working quickly.
Ready to rock? Let’s do this!
How to do this Quick Calorie Burning Leg Workout
- Do a quick warm up to activate your muscles. Jog in place or speed walk on a treadmill, for a few minutes.
- Use a weight so that you feel the burn by rep #10. If it’s too easy, add weight. Too hard? Reduce weight. (I used 8 pounds if you were wondering)
- Do each exercise 15 times each to complete one set.
- Squeeze your abs in tight during each exercise.
- Move quickly from one exercise to the next, taking little to no rest between them. This helps keep your heart rate up and increases calorie burn.
- Do 6 full sets – of all 4 exercises – to complete this workout.
- When you’re done, leave me a comment to let me know if you felt the burn.
Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, while holding a dumbbell in each hand. Keep your arms down by your sides. Keep your back neutral. Don’t arch your back and stick your butt out. Lower your butt, back and down, as if sitting back into an invisible chair. Lower as far as you can. Your knees should not extend past your toes. Keep your chest upright as you move backward. Hold for a count, then push back up to the start position to complete one rep.
Stand holding dumbbells (or barbell). Your feet should be slightly more narrow than shoulder width apart. This is your start position. Bend at the waist lowering your chest towards the floor, while keeping your back neutral. Keep your legs straight but not locked. Your butt will naturally go backward. Don’t arch or round your back. Lower down as far as you can while keeping the weights in close to your legs. Exhale and lift your chest back up to the start position to complete one rep.
Stand, holding a pair of dumbbells, in a split stance with one leg in front and the other behind you. This is your start position. Lower your body down until your front knee is at a 90-degree angle. Do not let your knee extend past your toes. Exhale and push back up to the start position to complete one rep.
Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart with toes turned out. Hold a dumbbell down in front of you. This is your start position. Keeping your abs in tight and chest upright, lower your butt down, pushing into your heels. Squeeze your glutes and push back up to the start position to complete one rep.
That’s it! Easy breezy. Leave me a comment and let me know if you felt the burn.
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader
Pin this workout to Pinterest so you’ll have it forever.
Looking for other leg workouts? Click here.
If you’re serious about burning fat use my programs.