Last Updated on
I started online with a YouTube channel so my offline clients could share my tips with their family and friends. My offline coaching clients always used to say I was different.
- That I actually made sense.
- That they loved my no-nonsense no ‘bogus magic pill’ approach.
- That I got them results better than anyone else.
- They liked that I used simple terms to explain what to do, why it’s important, and how it helped them.
- They liked that I helped with motivation and mind set so they actually felt like doing it.
- They loved that the felt great and lost weight.
They’d call me a fitness guru and that always made me cringe. I’ve seen so many ‘gurus’ online pimping BS products and advice.
I took the Tony Robbins approach.
I AM NOT YOUR GURU. I’M YOUR COACH AND BIGGEST CHEERLEADER.
They wanted to be able to share my advice with others. So I started a YouTube Channel and eventually a blog. I made a new Youtube video (almost) every Thursday for 4 years. My following grew.
As time went on I wanted a change. I felt like had made a million workouts and tips about motivation. Plus, YouTube changed and my Instagram and Pinterest following grew. My YT, IG, and Pinterest followers were very different. I didn’t know how to connect them all.
So about 2 years ago, I hired a business coach to help me figure out how. I also wanted to update my branding, website, and programs.
My Coach told me to start sharing stories and surveying people because stories build connection and surveys would allow me to know what content you wanted.
- She told me to share my story.
- She told me to share motivating stories.
- She told me to share more of me.
- To share photos of me.
She told me there was one story to never tell…. Being the nerdy straight-A student I am, I grabbed a pen to write it down…
She said “Never tell a story that makes you cry because you don’t want people to feel sad or bad watching… you want them to feel good and connect to you.”
That was a problem…
- I didn’t know how to tell my story without crying.
- I didn’t like my story.
- It wasn’t a happy story.
- My life had never been sunshine and roses.
- I wasn’t born with self-esteem handled to me on a silver platter.
- I didn’t want to talk about my family, childhood, or what I’d been through.
I was raised from a place of ‘don’t talk about your problems, deny they ever existed and push through it.’
And that’s what I did. I never talked about myself. I never took photos because I HATE having my photo taken. I know hate is a strong word but I HATE HATE HATE having my photo taken.
For 2 years I went to school with a note I was told to hand to my teacher that said “Please excuse me from having my picture taken because of my face.” I’ve hated having my picture taken ever since… Even with my YT channel I hated being on camera.
But I made videos to help others because I love helping others feel good. Because I know what it’s like to feel bad. But shooting videos was torture to me… but I did it anyway.
I tried 50 times to shoot my story video without crying. It made me melt down. Even when I tried to gloss over the worst parts I couldn’t do it.
After months of trying, I was able to get one take. I still cried but uploaded it anyway. After I uploaded it, I ugly-face cried and binge ate for the first time in almost 10 years.
I knew I needed to deal and heal from my past. I knew it was my time to help myself. I knew I couldn’t continue to pour from an empty cup or be of the best service to you.
If you’re not first, you’re last. – Ricky Bobby
So I took a break from my YT channel to work on me and rebrand my programs and site.
After 2 long years of ‘doing the work’ I’m finally able to share my story without crying.
I have healed enough that I’m ready to start creating content and be more social on social media.
I want to share my story to see if I’m a good fit for you and what kind of content you want most.
Because after all… everything I do is for you!
So here’s my story and connect and content request survey – so we can connect and you can get the content you want most.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field. – Niels Bohr – Danish physicist (1885 – 1962)
Since becoming a nutritionist and trainer… which is where the video left off some other not so cool stuff happened. They really put my self-discipline skills to the test.
- I moved a few times… always stressful! And stressed spelled backwards is desserts
- A guy ran a red light, T-boned and totaled my car. I went from having 1 herniated disc, to 3.
- I had to have surgery to repair the disintegrating cartilage in my nose from the grafts done in my childhood. A surgeon confirmed the cartilage was crushed and I needed surgery or it could collapse. So I did. Seeing my face bruised again and dealing with all the drugs and anesthetic triggered deep depression.
- I’ve had a boyfriend pass away unexpectedly.
- I had toxic family continue to disrespect me and I disowned them.
- I had a miscarriage that threw my hormones into a tailspin again.
- I had non-stop tech issues trying to launch my new site.
BUT I was researching natural health, healing and detox protocols that help boost metabolic functions – physical and mental protocols – every step of the way. I started binge-learning EVERYTHING I could about hormones, the gut microbiome, candida, inflammation, motivation, metabolism, how thoughts affect the body and metabolism, etc. etc. etc. #NerdAlert : )
I started testing programs and supplements to see what works best. I infused all of it into my new site, programs, and other programs and content not released yet. #StayTuned
All of my new stuff is designed to be short, sweet, straightforward, and actionable so you can get rapid results you’ll feel in your cells, see on the scale, and feel in your soul.
If you struggle with motivation, health, and weight like I used to you’re going to love it.
But before I share it I want to reconnect with you and know what content you want.
If you’d be so kind as to let me know on my Connect and Content Request Survey, I’d be forever grateful.
Always remember THE MAGIC IS IN YOU!
Sending you so much love and virtual bear hugs.
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader
Post updated January 18, 2019
Christina Carlyle is a certified Holistic Nutritionist, Sports Nutrition Specialist, Personal Trainer, Health Coach, & Behavior Modification Specialist. After overcoming her own health issues, getting off 7 medications, & losing 40 pounds (& keeping it off for 10+ years) she’s dedicated to helping others get Happy, Healthy, & Fit for life, with science-backed strategies. Christina shares real deal (no BS) weight loss and wellness advice, workouts, and recipes that get results and work in the real world.