VEGAN CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
This broccoli soup is full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. It'll keep you feeling full for hours and is easy to make. This soup recipe is perfect for meal prep. A batch will last up to 3 days in the fridge. Serve this soup alongside some protein or salad for a filling meal that's great for health and the metabolism.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 head of fresh broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup stock – Veggie, chicken, beef, or bone broth – 1/4 cup & 1/2 cup reserved
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup coconut milk – or any nut milk alternative
- Cumin, salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Remove tough stalks from broccoli before chopping the florets. You may discard the stalks or use them in another dish later, just peel the hard exterior first and chop them for an addition to salads or anything else.
In a large stockpot, saute the oil, garlic, chives, salt and pepper over medium heat.
When fragrant, add the broccoli and 1/2 cup broth and cook until the broccoli is soft but not mushy. (About 15 minutes.)
When the broccoli is cooked, drain the water from soaked cashews.
Add the cashews and nutritional yeast to a food processor and process until they reach the consistency of ricotta.
Add the broccoli and process adding the remaining liquid as needed, about 1/4 a cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Add spices to your taste and garnish with green onion or chives and serve. Enjoy!