Super Easy Detox Cowboy Caviar 3 Bean Salad
Cowboy Caviar is so good, easy, inexpensive, and good for you. This Cowboy Caviar recipe is perfect for quick snacks, a side dish at dinner, and for pot-locks, BBQs, and football parties, too! I use 1/2 cup of this fiber filled awesomeness with hot sauce, to top salads, tacos, and substitute for things like mashed potatoes, white rice, pasta, and fries.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Suggested Rest Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 5 mins
- 3 cans of beans - black, red, chickpeas, white, and kidney work, Pick your 3 favorites - I use black, chickpea, and red.
- Bonus points if organic, Double points if you use BPA free cans
- 1 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes with chiles
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp. finely chopped garlic, optional
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, optional
Drain, rinse, drain, dry and pour into a bowl.
Then add diced onion, tomato, cilantro and garlic, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
Cut the onion into small diced sizes here. Beans should be the star of the show. Not chunks of onions! ????
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 150kcal | Potassium: 3mg | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg